Get legal help

We have several different services with different eligibility criteria. Our services are listed below. If you are unsure about which service may be best for you, please contact us

Pro Bono Connect

We connect clients (individuals and NFPs) with pro bono lawyers or barristers to provide full representation or advice. Read more about the eligibility criteria here.

Self Representation Service

We help people who are representing themselves in current or prospective proceedings in:

  • the District Court, Supreme Court or Court of Appeal (in any civil law matter)
  • the Queensland Civil & Administrative Tribunal (in certain areas of law)
  • the Federal Court or Federal Circuit Court (in certain areas of law)

QCAT Duty Lawyer Service

We assist clients whose matters in QCAT are impacted by domestic violence.

Mental Health Law Practice

We help people on Treatment Authorities under the Mental Health Act and with other legal problems that arise as a consequence of mental ill-health.

Attending one of our outreach clinics

We have several clinics located at homelessness agencies, community centres, a refugee support agency, hospitals and health services. Read more here. Generally, people are eligible if they are connected to one of these services.

Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic

The HPLC provides advice and assistance on civil law issues. This clinic is for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and connected to one of the host agencies. Read more <a href="/cms/page.asp?ID=60736">here</a>.

Refugee Civil Law Clinic

This clinic provides civil law help (not immigration law) for refugees and new arrivals who are connected with the Multicultural Development Agency.

Health Justice Partnerships

We have clinics based at several hospital and health services to provide advice and assistance to clients of those services.

Intake for this service is by attending the clinic, or you can call us for more information.


Was this page useful?

View our Privacy Statement in relation to providing your name and email address.

Type the characters you see in the picture below. (Required)

Verification code

p: PO Box 12217 GEORGE STREET QLD 4003

t: 07 3846 6317
f: 07 3846 6311

ABN: 52 033 468 135
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

© 2018 LawRight
Web design ToadShow