LawRight provides free legal advice and assistance to people with certain types of matters in:
- the Queensland District and Supreme Courts and Court of Appeal
- the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
- the Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- debtors in Enforcement Hearings in the Brisbane Magistrates Court
If no specialist service is available for your court of tribunal dispute, LawRight may be able to connect you with a lawyer in private practice who is willing to help for free through our Pro Bono Connect service.
LawRight cannot assist with:
- Family law
- Criminal law
- Native title
- Building and construction disputes
- Complex commercial disputes
- Clients who could afford to pay a lawyer, obtain Legal Aid, or obtain 'no win, no fee' assistance (e.g. personal injury, negligence)
Where else to look for assistance
You may be able to get assistance through a different community legal centre. For a list of centres in Queensland, please visit Community Legal Centres Queensland.