We seek an administrative assistant to support the operation of the SRS QCAT office and to provide general administrative and other support as required.
Duties include: Assist with client enquiries and applications, incoming telephone calls, emails and correspondence; file management; maintaining client databases, casework spreadsheets and resources; archiving and statistical reports; develop and implement improvements to processes and resources; assist with the organisation of pro bono resources, events and training; liaison as required with QCAT staff and operations; and participate in general activities of LawRight.
- law student or knowledge of the law advantageous;
- strong organisational and communication skills essential;
- strong Word and Excel skills essential;
- experience with CLASS recommended;
- flexibility and initiative suitable for working in a team environment with limited resources; and,
- interest in access to justice for marginalised and vulnerable members of society and an
- interest in issues confronted by self-represented litigants.
Classification: Level 1
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Annual salary from $50,757 pro rata depending on experience.
- Leave loading and five weeks annual leave plus 9.25% superannuation.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice up to $35,000 (grossed up) of income to personal and entertainment expenses.
Term: This is a part time 3 days per week contract until 30 June 2020. Continuation beyond this date is subject to LawRight funding and resources.
To apply, send a brief CV and letter expressing interest and capability to perform the role to Sue Garlick, Joint Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday January 20, 2020.