- Partner effectively within a Community Controlled organisation to support community-led initiatives and lead team to do so;
- provide and supervise team to deliver legal service;
- develop and maintain resources and training;
- undertake relevant projects, develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners;
- develop the practice and profile of the HJP;
- collaborate with other LawRight services to support integrated service delivery and staff well-being, and participate in general activities of LawRight.
A detailed description of responsibilities is included in the attached Position Description.Key Selection Criteria include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies, communities, cultures, and the contemporary health and justice issues that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australian society.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to partner with and work effectively within an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation in order to support community-led initiatives.
- Highly developed interpersonal consultation, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, families and other services and associated community groups.
This position is only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people (mandatory). Applicants must confirm they are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.Formal Qualifications:
Admitted or eligible for admission as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and eligible for Unrestricted Practicing Certificate.Location and hours:
This role is based in Cairns. The hours are 9am to 5pm, 5 days per week – 36.25 hours.Classification:
Annual salary in accordance with Level 6 Social and Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry AwardBenefits:
- Leave loading and six weeks annual leave plus 9.5% superannuation.
- 10 days personal/carer/bereavement leave which can also be used for cultural reasons
- As LawRight is a Public Benevolent Institution, employees are currently entitled to salary sacrifice up to $35,000 (grossed up) of their income to personal and entertainment expenses.
Full-time contract. Funding is secure until 30 June 2025. Continuation beyond this date is subject to LawRight funding and resources.
6:00 PM AEST, 3 August 2020