Going to QCAT

The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) is an independent tribunal that can resolve disputes, make and review decisions about anti-discrimination, administrative matters, building disputes, disputes over children and young people, guardianship, minor civil disputes, consumer and debt disputes as well as other civil matters if the amount in dispute is less than $25,000.

External resources

  • Court Network – Court Network is a Queensland and Victorian service aimed at providing support to people attending court.

Where to go for help

  • LawRight is an independent, not-for-profit, community-based legal organisation that operates a civil law referral service for pro bono legal representation and direct legal services for particular disadvantaged client groups.For more information about the help available, and the process for applying for help, please see the LawRight website at www.lawright.org.au. LawRight runs a Service to assist people representing themselves in QCAT.
  • Tenants Queensland Incorporated – Tenants Queensland Incorporated are the experts in tenancy law in Queensland. Useful resources, including fact sheets and guides, are available on their website.
  • Manufactured Home Owners Association Ltd (MHOA) – MHOA assists members in understanding the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003, especially in relation to the settling of disputes between homeowners and park operators.


The information in this resource is for general information purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact LawRight or another lawyer. LawRight can only give advice to people who are eligible for our services.